Saturday, December 11, 2010

resolutions

Haven't blogged since April, not very impressed with myself. In fact, am only sitting here now because I think my level of exhaustion is now having strange effects on my mind. I am working at a cafe as well as the restaurant now, so time off is usually spent sleeping and eating. Definitely not cleaning. I got out of working at the cafe today, and as I awoke from my midday nap, I was confronted with the very common sight of half drunk Coke bottle littering my room. I moved out of home in August, and I figured a few of my less desirable habits would stay in Oatley, especially since my room mate wrote the book on cleanliness. Apparently not. I also thought that since I would be paying quite a lot of rent a week, I would cut back on my shopping. Again, hasn't happened. I justify my purchases by saying that my room mate's closet is bigger than mine and hers is a lot more full, but really, nothing will make me cut back very much. This caused me to have a little Carrie Bradshaw moment. I couldn't help but wonder, are there some things about me (and all of us) that will never change. I don't make resolutions every year, I make them every week. Eat more fruit, stop saying everything I think of the second it comes into my head, see my long lost friends more. I don't believe that our personalities are bestowed upon us at birth and we are stuck with them. Telling people they can accept the way you act and think or get lost is one way of being comfortable with yourself. As is taking note of the way people react to you and making some adjustments if you need to. However, some things don't budge. I am lucky enough to still have all my teeth after the amount of Coke I have consumed, and it would take me a lone time to wear everything in my wardrobe. I am more than aware that these quirks are big burdens on my health and finances, but the thrill they give me is a part of life that everyone enjoys through their unique habits that no new year could make you even consider giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment