Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let it snow...

Oh yes kids, its a white winter wonderland here in the big apple!

I have been suffering horribly from jet-lag. After 4 nights of only getting 1-2 hours sleep and being knocked down with a cold, it was time for the "sleeping aids". Which knocked me out for 24 hours! The most magical thing to wake up to (apart from the bug crawling across my face) was snow falling down outside window. So magical!I finally managed to drag myself out of bed and go to the diner a few blocks away and got myself a club sandwich and fries.
I was so exhausted yesterday, I couldn't update you on my day, and it was such a good one! First off my celebrity sightings so far consist of Tim Gunn on the subway, Amanda Seyfried walking her dog and Claire Danes in Opening Ceremony (an amazing boutique where I spent SO much money). As much as I was excited to see her, I was very bummed that Hugh Dancy wasn't with her.
The night before I had made friends with another girl from Sydney staying in my hostel. I had asked her to mind my computer and the second she spoke a word I practically demanded she tell me where she was from. So we decided to spend the next day shopping in Chelsea.
First Stop: Century 21. I think I might have to make another trip down there, because it is so massive and being in the throws of a head cold puts a gal slightly off her game. I ended up with a stunning black Calvin Klein trench coat with purple satin lining. Oh sweet heaven! It wasn't exactly on the wish list but a girl should NEVER turn down a classic designer trench for under $100.

Second Stop: Opening Ceremony. Situated just off Canal Street, this is an amazing gem very well hidden amongst a street full of fakes. Its more than slightly off putting to see a street full of men start bolting with their suitcases full of fake Chanel every time a siren goes off, however this haven is well worth it. This is where I crossed two things off my wish list (in one store, in one day!).

1. The Corset.
Not exactly in the form that I had originally envisioned, but it is stunning nevertheless.



You can't see the stunning detail very well in the picture, but even trying to squeeze myself into one that was too small made me happy! My size is being transferred from L.A and I will pick it up on Monday. This dress incorporates so many elements that are on-trend at the moment. The corset bodice, silver applique, sheer sleeveless top, micro miniskirt and pleating detail are all features that many designers are exploring at the moment. Here are some examples I grabbed off style.com






2. Ankle Boots.

I had fallen in love with these lil beauties online and when I stumbled across them (on sale) I thought I might try them on, if only for the fact that if I didn't, my friend Zoe would kill me. Well that sealed that deal. I love the fact that they are so comfortable and that the buckles jingle when I walk.



Those are the special things that I have found!

In the time that it has taken me to write this post, a motorcycle got buried in snow outside the window...

No comments:

Post a Comment