Sunday, December 6, 2009

Life goes in swings and roundabouts...

One week to go and my days are being filled with cleaning, packing and farewells. So far, no tears, however I did hug my dad twice within ten seconds this afternoon, so the terrified emotional displays may occur at any moment.
A year ago, I didn't understand the concept of traveling and why people do it. Why work so hard and save up $10,000 just to live somewhere else when you can have all the comforts of home back here, as well as a stunning wardrobe? A roller-coaster of a year later and the key change in my former attitude comes down to that one word: comfort.
In the lead up to this upheaval, I have been thrown off the mountain of my comfort zone and into the deep end of independence. Taking baby steps and usually making panicked phone calls to my fabulous friends at each one, I have figured out that once you burst your own bubble, life awaits you, and all of us can handle it.
So the last thing to do is (literally) fly away from my comfort zone and expose myself (not literally) to anything opportunity has to bring.
Acknowledging that your life goes in swings and roundabouts (or merry-go-rounds if you prefer) brings you the greatest comfort in times of struggle. But what will happen if you push the swing as high as you can and leave the rest up to fate?
I'll keep you posted
xx
(The Header photograph of this blog is by Nick Knight, sourced from his webisite)

No comments:

Post a Comment